Tuesday, April 26, 2016

BF weaning



To date i have breastfeed Farah for 2 years and 3 months and i am slowly weaning her off.

When she turned 2 in January,  i told her she can only breastfeed to sleep and only AT HOME.

4 days ago,  i told her no more 'mek'. Can only drink from milk bottle.

On the first day,  she didnt nap in the afternoon cause we were at my Mom's and she was playing all day. At night,  she wanted to nurse but i said,  "No,  you are a big girl. I pow pow (carry) you ok? "
She said 'ok' and fell asleep without any problem. In the middle of the night,  she woke up twice with eyes still closed,  pulled my shirt and bra and self service. Twice. I was too tired to stop her. Thats the good thing about breastfeeding a todd i guess. You get to sleep while she nursed. Right after subuh and when the sun rises,  she asked to nurse again and i declined,  telling her its morning. No more milk. She was cranky for a while but didnt ask for more.

Past few days,  she has been extremely cranky. She didnt want to nap in the day. She tried her very best to stay awake as much as possible even at night because she didnt get to nurse to sleep.

I swear it feels like she is getting back at me for doing this to her.

Now, putting her to sleep is a torture. Oh my back. I have to carry her and swing her,  sway and move around in the room till she's asleep. My back cant take it and she cant take my Abah putting her to sleep. Lucky for me,  i still have my trusted hip seat.
I dont have to carry that much weight on me. Mostly from the hips anyway.

Till date,  i still nurse her twice when she wakes up in the middle of the night. So much for wanting to wean eh. But uts really so tiring. Not just for me.  For Farah as well.

A new routine can be so taxing on adults let alone to a 2 year old. But im sure we can go through this. Its just a phase. It will get better. Insya Allah.

Gonna end this entry with a cheeky picture of me trying to put my todd to sleep in the carrier.

Good morning everyone.
Da subuh belum?



@ 6:24 AM